Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Most Significant Tech of the Next 20 Years

The Most Significant Tech of the Next 20 Years:
"George Dvorsky Sentient Developments

Posted: Nov 4, 2010

I was recently interviewed by Christian Nesheim of the I Look Forward To blog, who asked: “What will be the single most significant technological development of the next 20 years?”

To which I responded:

Interface technologies that bridge the gap between the human brain and the internet. In twenty years, our interaction with the web will be so seamless that it will be considered an exosomatic organ. Implications include ubiquitous access to all knowledge stores on the net and “techlepathy.”

Indeed, it seems that with each passing year we are increasingly closing the gap. As amazing as our computers and hand-held devices are today, I already consider them clunky and even anachronistic relative to what I see coming down the pipes. As it stands, if I want to communicate with somebody or look something up, I have to go to my computer, launch a web browser, do a search, blah, blah, blah. It’s tedious and boring—but most of all it’s a waste of time."

No comments:

Post a Comment