Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Top Ten Transhumanist Movies | h+ Magazine

Top Ten Transhumanist Movies | h+ Magazine: "Since the late 1990s, when I first heard about the term, I have identified myself as a transhumanist. It described an attitude I’d long owned but had not fully articulated; nor had I realized until then that there were a good many others who shared that position. It was a happy discovery.

Before then, the formation of my personal but unnamed transhumanist philosophy was nurtured mainly through reading books, both fiction and non-fiction, and also by watching movies. I’ve been an avid cinephile for most of my life, and have seen thousands of films, nearly all them in a theater on the big screen where they can best be enjoyed.

Among the many movies I love are several that have something important to say about our potential transhumanist future. Listed below are my top ten.

For this article, I’ve chosen what I consider to be the best-made films that comment on H+ themes. Note that my ranking is not based on whether these movies offer a sympathetic or an antagonistic portrayal of the transhuman-influenced future, but only on how good they are as cinema."

No comments:

Post a Comment