Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Singularity Watch: The Group Mind - Singularity Watch

Singularity Watch: The Group Mind Singularity Watch: "For those of you just joining us, let me introduce you to the guru of The Singularity movement. Ray Kurzweil is a transhumanist and proud of it. Equal parts genius and huckster, he’s got a website that acts as a clearing house for all things Singularity as well as a platform to sell his brand of life-lengthening drugs and paraphernalia. I admire this guy; he’s done some amazing things with his genius. I took the health survey at his website and wound up with a recommendation to take fish pills to alleviate my morning stiffness. So I started taking them. Guess what? They worked.

I have respect for the man even though I’m cynical when it comes to transhumanism. I read his site regularly. Here’s an interesting item, the site posted last Friday:

Collective Intelligence in Small Teams

Why does a site about the Singularity have information about collective intelligence? I suspect it has to do with where the Singularity is taking us. Maybe one day we’ll have a group mind. One day, all knowledge will be held by every single person on the planet simultaneously. If they’ve subscribed, that is. I can’t begin to fathom what a subscription to the collective intelligence would be like. Or maybe I can. Isn’t that what the Internet is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment