Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

UFOs: A Controversial Time-Line

Just a few days ago, an irate emailer asked me why I was so sure that the data presented in my 2005 book, Body Snatchers in the Desert (which suggested the Roswell, New Mexico affair of July 1947 had more to do with secret, controversial human experimentation of a Japanese nature undertaken by military personnel than it did with aliens from some far away world) was correct. Well, as I pointed out to Mr. Irate, I have always been brutally honest and added that I specifically cannot deny the possibility that the people I interviewed for the book were lying to me, specifically to further confuse the possibility that aliens really did crash at Roswell!

Now, certain people in Ufology get confused by people like me who suggest the truth could go one way or the other. Rather, they want their believers and they want their skeptics, and they want nicely delineated lines between the two, because it makes things easier for them. Well, too bad. I’m neither a believer or a disbeliever in any theory pertaining to Roswell. Nor am I out to make things easy – or easier – for anyone. Rather, I’m someone who came across a controversial story of disturbing and dark proportions and published it.

Why? Because I feel it’s important to share data, to get it into the public domain, and not to get caught up – 100 percent – in any particular belief system that lacks hard evidence. And, publishing data hopefully helps determine its validity or otherwise. Keeping it locked away in a filing-cabinet serves no purpose at all.

Read More: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/05/ufos-a-controversial-time-line/

No comments:

Post a Comment