Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

How Many Intelligent Aliens are Out There? : Discovery News

How Many Intelligent Aliens are Out There? : Discovery News: "OK, I've had enough. I've been looking up at the night sky for 20 years and not once have I ever seen anything that has aroused my suspicion that an alien visitor has popped by Earth to take a look.

The thing is, I am contacted far too often by people saying they have seen an unidentified flying object, or UFO. Being terribly literal, they probably have seen something 'unidentified,' and it may look like it's flying; whatever it is, it certainly is an 'object,' but it doesn't mean it's aliens.

I've never seen anything that makes me think UFOs are alien in origin. But ask me if I think aliens exist, somewhere, anywhere, and I answer with a loud and affirmative yes. Whether UFOs are alien or not will be a discussion that rages for decades, but the question about microbial life in the solar system or intelligent life in the Universe at large, is a different and fascinating one. If 'they' are out there -- and for the purpose of this article let's assume they are -- then how many alien civilizations can we expect to come across?"

No comments:

Post a Comment