Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Transcendence Versus Collapse: Dueling Views of the Future - Alex Knapp - Robot Overlords - Forbes

Transcendence Versus Collapse: Dueling Views of the Future - Alex Knapp - Robot Overlords - Forbes: "Over the weekend, I was playing some catchup on my reading and came across the website for The Transcendent Man, which is a documentary about Ray Kurzweil, who is probably the most famous Singularity theorist out there. (If you’re not familiar with Kurzweil’s work, Time recently did a decently thorough article on his ideas.) I first became aware of Kurzweil’s work a few years ago when I wrote a paper on the potential legal implications of neural computer interfacing. At that time I read his Age of Spiritual Machines, which was, I must say, an interesting and compelling book. And that book is definitely what got me interested in transhumanism and Singularity issues. I didn’t actually accept most of Kurzweil’s hypotheses, but I found those ideas to be compelling."

No comments:

Post a Comment