Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Can I Stick a Chip In Your Brain? The Ethics of Biological and Technological Integration

Can I Stick a Chip In Your Brain? The Ethics of Biological and Technological Integration.: "Do you know what one of the most annoying things about having a cell phone is? Having to remember where I put it. It’s so obnoxious: One day it’s in my laundry, the next it’s in the office. I just can’t keep track of it. Wouldn’t it be nice if I could just integrate the phone into my brain, and bingo! No more losing it.



This simple argument is pushing many towards the idea that we can combine our biological parts with technological parts, not simply for the sake of empowering those who are crippled, but also to expand a person’s abilities beyond their capabilities."

No comments:

Post a Comment